Monday, May 12, 2008

Motherhood Mayhem


* MoThERhOOd * MaYhEm *

While last week is still fresh on my mind

I must record the highlights of the recent events

that make me proud to be a mother.

**************

Oliver's birthday was a week long celebration,

and his excitement about turning four was

about as thrilling as life can get.
Spiderman was the focus of the festitivities,

and many joyous presents were bestowed upon him.
Tade has graduated from just milk to a variety

of tantalizing smooshy ground up foods
such as peas, sweet potatoes, applesauce, and bananas.

One of the milestone food items is the signature
-BABY BISCUIT-

which to be eaten properly

must be consumed only in a manner that would include

wearing of biscuit all over face, hands, and clothes.
Landon has one of those faces that makes it

really hard to be upset with.

But as angelic as he may seem,

he has a mischievious side that always surprises me.

Because he is eight years old and a scout now,

the "Easter Bunny" thought it appropriate to put
a pocket knife in his basket.
Landon has used great restraint in knowing

when, and when not to use this weapon,

including not to accidently take it to school.

We wouldn't want this innocent cub to be hauled off to the clanker

and booked with the other gang members just because he

wanted to carve a light saber into the tree trunk.


After many practices, and a dress rehearsal at the Rest Home,

Addy had her Spring Dance Recital with Swan Studios

and did a fantastic job!!!

She has the grace and body of a prima ballerina.

I went to sit in on one of her classes, and it took all the self control I had to not

jump up and join in her bar exercises.

I felt like an amputee who still feels their legs moving.

I could still feel myself dancing and it took me back to my ballet days.

Now if I can only convince her to keep taking lessons.


After carrying on the yearly tradition for Chris' grandmother

of planting flowers in her many pots that sit on her porch,

Nana (My mother in law) gave me this adorable book

for Mother's Day which I will treasure-

don't we all feel this way,

wishing we had more hands to do everything?


And the man who made me a mother in the first place

refused to make a serious face and will regret that action

when he discovers that I posted his picture like this on our blog.

Flashing the blood sign is a sure way to make friends honey.

But that aside, I must give props to my homeboy,

for recently he fell out of a dumpster.

Ummmm, Sara, what was he doing in a dumpster?

Well, we had dinner covered, trust me,

but he had to stomp down construction materials

to make more room for garbage and accidently slipped

resulting in an unfortunate ricochet in between dumpster and truck.

Even with this injury he found the strength to clean and prepare

five houses for display- hence bringing home the bacon,

and continue in his nightly ritual of tucking the kids in bed,

among other fatherly duties.

I swoon.

As crazy as life gets,

and as busy as the days may be,

and as tired as I feel,

I can't think of any dream I'd rather be living

than that of being a

*M*O*T*H*E*R*

Thank you to all my family who make this dream a reality,

my mother,

his mother,

their mothers,

and countless other motherly types who give love and support.

My Heart Is Full!!!

6 comments:

kate moss said...

Hope you had a great mothers day, you are seriously the best mom, I wish you lived closer.

onesilentwinter said...

I am exhausted! that is amazing sara. your amazing for sure!

Jennifer said...

This is what life is all about. I love everything yousaid. I wouldn't change being a mother for anything in the world.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

i wish we lived closer, you are an amazing example of everything... i love you

Andrea said...

I just love reading your blog. You have such a refreshing wit, and you reminded me of some the reasons I tend to overlook about why being a mother is so great.

Sami Volcansek said...

Thank you for writing a blog to make me laugh and to MAKE my day! Everytime! Your babies are so precious and your husband so funny! Happy Mother's Day to you!