Wednesday, May 7, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVER!!!
My 3YEAR OLD has turned a new leaf today.
A big giant 4 YEAR OLD leaf.
A leaf that I can't bear to accept.
A leaf that I want to tuck away
in a drawer somewhere,
where I can keep it safe.
This leaf puts a lump in my throat,
but I know it is part of the SEASONS
and must happen.
********************
One day this LEAF will turn and turn again,
and be a big OAK TREE.
He will have strong branches
and give shade to others.
But Sara,
leaves don't turn into trees,
seeds do.
I know my friend,
but I'm trying to be poetic,
so don't interrupt.
**********************
TIME IS FLYING.
Will I still love and cherish my little leaves as much
when they grow out of the fun stage they're in now?
What about when they don't want to cuddle,
or share what's on their mind,
even if that means telling me
that my arms wiggle....
a lot.
How about when instead of sneaking cookies
they're missing curfew or flunking a class?
I figure it will be a different kind of love.
Like how I really like Romaine lettuce,
but I also like Spinach.
I like leaves.
********************
This is all very obijah,
but I like obijah,
and I LOVE OLIVER,
and I wish him a
Very Enthusiastic Happy Birthday!!
In his words,
"This day is going to be totally awesome!"

OLLIE is a CARS FANATIC


OLLIE is a SUPER HERO


OLLIE is a BROTHER
playing "Star Wars Chubby Guys"
with Tade
OLLIE is a FRIEND
Playgroup/Preschool with his buddies

OLLIE is a MAN OF MANY FACES




I know, longest tonque ever right? Can you say KISS revival?


WE ADORE OLIVER!!!!!!!

YOU ARE AN

AWESOME COOL DUDE!!!!!

6 comments:

Family Days said...

Happy Birthday Oliver!! I remember when he was born. I can't believe it's been 4 years! He sure is a cutie. I still remember your cute comment about him saying amen at the end of his blessing prayer. :)
p.s. We have some friends that moved to Grantsville, I suppose that's too far away for Utah to be in the same stake or anything, they seem to like it and say it's super quiet!

onesilentwinter said...

Happy birthday oliver! Sara love what you wrote, you have this way and always fun to read!

Jennifer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVER!! Thanks for being my best friend. You have lots of cool lightn' Mcqueen cars. Love, Grant

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

holy crapanoli...he is 4 that has flown by! give him a big wet kiss from Aunt Kary

Andrea said...

What a cutie-pie! Oliver looks like he would be a hoot to hang out with.

Jenny said...

sara, i love you! you are such a wonderful example of the perfect mom! i love your posts for oliver! i miss you all so much! happy birthday oli!
jenny