Saturday, November 1, 2008

Eliza's Bridal Shower

This shower was really fun to plan. We have been looking forward to this day for Eliza, so it was easy to put my heart into the little details. The invitations were simple embossed white cards with burnt orange organza ribbon. I included a little paper for people to bring with one of their favorite recipes written on it to add to her collection. For favors- I started to knit cuffs in different fall colors, but after about fifteen of them I couldn't move my hands. Instead, I soldered some charms with pretty fall paper and added ribbon and quotes about love to them.

The food turned out great. Not pictured was some delicious artichoke dip, a vegetable platter, yummy punch, and sushi.

Eliza has a lot of people who adore her from family, to old childhood friends, to old mission companions and dear people from Albania. For a game we played 20 questions. Her new last name is dutch and a little tricky to remember- Ruys (pronounced rouse like mouse), so we asked 20 different questions about her and Jason, and if you knew the answer you called out "Ruys" and then answered it winning one of the fabulous prizes in the basket.
Thank you for everyone who came far and wide to celebrate with us and thank you to the politicians who made a special appearance after their Halloween bender!

14 comments:

Rachel said...

I hate missing out on the party. Sorry for bailing on you. Everything looks wonderful and delicious.

Karly said...

CUTE AS EVER!!! Where are you when I am having parties?? I could use your creative touches!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the idea Sara.

Cassie said...

Wow!! How did I not hear about this? Looks like you had a lot of fun!

SmithDish said...

What are those adorable little flower treats! Love the autumn papered love quotes.

briana said...

seriously, you are like martha stewart, but better.

Heather said...

You should cater parties in your 'spare time'. My jaw is hanging open. It looks like a magazine layout.

Liza said...

Yeah, it was pretty darn amazing! She went above and beyond. You're just amazing Sara, simply amazing! Best shower I've ever been to if I do say so myself... it was a blast!

~Amanda~ said...

You did a an uh-mazing job, SARA!!! Everything was better than the pictures and so much fun! Thanks for the great party!

The Chic Chef said...

The shower looks amazing! So it looks like you will have some of those fabulous cuffs left over. Thanks for letting us raid your place on Wednesday! I really missed you! You really got my tears rolling that night.

Karly said...

Um I tagged you young lady. See my blog for details. But just realized your name has no H. I will change it pronto

Cali said...

Wow... looks like a fun party! What a lucky bride! :)

Jennifer said...

Hey, I put a really cute picture of you on the recipe blog. Tee hee. Hope you're doing well. Oh ya, did you know what happened to the house on the corner across from the bishop and the president? They had stuff all over their yard. I've been making sure all my doors and windows are locked and I've been trying not to leave the garage open. Boo doesn't bark much, but in the last week she has been barking out the front door window and growling. Makes me nervous when it's just me and the kids. Hope I'm not scaring ya. It looked like our neighbors had a break in or something.

It's Fancy Letterpress Studio said...

I always knew your your family was crafty. I am now remembering just how much!

looked like fun! congrats for your sis.