Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Today I did my part to stimulate the economy.
To make this possible,
Papa Bear watched the Leprechaun,

( We are now going to refer to my strapping husband,
by the term my kids affectionately named him,
"Papa Bear".
He is not comfortable with the term "the hunk"
as it sounds similiar to "the hulk".
That's okay, we're flexible in blogland.)

Landon stayed home to replay
important scenes from Lord of the Rings
with his "action figures",
poor Frodo,
and Oliver insisted on accompanying Addy and I
on our city tour to find a store
that supplied silly putty.
We finally accomplished our mission by ending up at
Walmart after visiting two different Dollar Stores with no luck.
I should have known the mecca of all shopping
would have the coveted prize.
Addison was thrilled to get two pieces in glitter gold,
and a neon yellow and pink, both only 88 cents, SCORE!

Then,

we picked up chili from Wendy's,

breadsticks from Little Caesars,

and arrived home with pride in our hearts,

for we knew our monetary contributions would

indubedetly stop a recession from rolling on.

God Bless America,

and Walmart,

and Wendys,

and Little Caesars,

and Dollar Stores.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Your kids look so dang cute. I bet you all have the best time at your house--with a mom as fun-loving as you are.

You gotta love and hate Walmart--they always have everything you're looking for, at dirt-cheap prices, yet I always feel like some sort of sell-out/sucker shopping there. Is it just me?

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

Your kids are so old and so darling! Oliver was a few months when we last saw him. Oh i miss you so much. I love your choice of shops, my kind of shopping!

onesilentwinter said...

Your husband is a hunk!! OOPS I mean a Paper Bear(curious how they came up with that!) your kids are lovely...you must be a wonderful mum sara it is written all over your families faces!

Jairus Noble said...

Okay you are funny...but I think that in order to help with this recession, your gonna have to spend more at the dollar store...hahaha....love it

Holly said...

Seriously Little Caesars bread sticks and Wendy's Chili? Your ingenious!!! I love it, why have I never thought of that amazing combination. The rest of the fun day sounded fabulous also, and your children are beautiful but the chili and bread sticks...

Jennifer said...

That picture of Tade...So cute. Sorry I didn't make it to lady's who lunch. Had to go into town today. :(

katie and co. said...

I want your kitchen and BAD! Five Sense Friday is my favorite! Keep it up!