Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"RACHEL DACHEL"

engagement photo of Rachel and Devin taken by moi
******************************************************
Every family has a movie star.
Rachel is ours.
She always looks perfectly fabulous....
has great hair,
great makeup,
a great smile,
a killer body,
grace, style, and poise.
******************************************
But unlike most movie stars,
Rachel has a heart of gold.
She is also the peace-maker in our family.
She is soft spoken,
never raises her voice,
is kind to everyone,
and has limitless talents.
It has been so fun to see her blossom into an amazing and patient mama.
I've watched Rachel grow up from a quiet and coy little girl
into a sweet and sassy mom who always keeps her cool.
***************************************
Rachel....
cooks and bakes delicious food,
sews everything from aprons to quilts to Christmas stockings,
decorates with classy modern style,
runs miles without breaking a sweat,
supports her husband through work and school,
and chases her toddler while wearing stilettos...
who does that?
At the end of the day when all her accomplishments are shining
she still stays humble and unassuming.
Rachel and her son Crew
**********************************************************
Before she was married and lived with us for a while
I remember going out with her and being in awe at her gift of turning heads.
We affectionately called her Britney, or Shakira, or Beyonce,
or any other celebrity diva's name.
As stunning as she may be,
a Diva she is not.
Rachel cares for others and nurtures with a listening ear.
I'm glad she has the responsibility of family movie star
because I just couldn't live up to the expectations,
it's a hard job,
and Rachel is the lady for it.
******************************************
I LOVE YOU RACHEL!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY- last Sunday
I was with you so I'm excused from being late:)

Rachels birthday dinner at Outback with the girls

6 comments:

Dad said...

That was a beautiful tribute Sara- I couldn't agree more. She has always expected so little, and has so much. There must be a lesson there. I know your words will mean the world to her.

Michelle said...

Hey Sara, it's Michelle, Emily's friend. I lurk on your blog frequently because I LOVE it! You are so talented and artistic and creative, which is everything I am not so I like to pretend through your blog. Anyway, I have to say great post and I agree about Rachel. I don't know her super well, but she definitely is gorgeous! And I stopped wearing stiletto's years ago!!

Cheri said...

Sara, I couldn't agree with you more. We love you Rachel!

Jairus Noble said...

The fact that she wears stilettos with Crew....that's my girl. I couldn't ask for a more perfect model for me!! You should of seen her at Fashion Week!! Even TomKat were mezmerized by her.....OXOXOXOX

Devin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Thanks Sara! That was fun to read.