Friday, February 29, 2008

Chronicles of Schofield-


Just Another Day Under the Big Top


******************************************


Today was a typical "Mothers Cliche". To start off, last night around 9pm, which was already past her bedtime, our fourth grader "remembered" that she had a report due today on Sevier County....come again? So we banished her to the computer with much wailing and nashing of teeth to write her report. I think she was hoping that mom and dad would bail her out and write it for her, but she learned a priceless lesson about procrastination, and almost three hours later, and one page later, we sent the sleepy head to bed. This morning she finished off her report and off to school the children went.


**************************************


Soon after, I prepared for a school activity that was to take place in just mere hours and started to make a banner....I ran upstairs to fetch some more brushes and when I returned my project was lovingly painted all over by the three year old....I had to start a new poster....the artsy three year old covered in paint then made his corndog demands known so I popped one in the microwave for lunch and went to attend to the baby who had started crying from another room....there was finally gold at the end of the rainbow, and a lot of it if you catch my drift (after a week of no pooping)....do I smell smoke?....yes I do smell smoke....and yes your house is about to burn down because instead of pushing "60" on the microwave, you pushed "600"....I removed the charcoal dog, doused it with water, opened all the windows, and tried to get rid of the smell that was reminiscent of a landfill full of flaming Marlboros....(as a side note- just a year ago, one of my children went to cook ramen in the microwave...and forgot to add water....wow, I promise we eat real food...the smell lingered for what felt like weeks because of the burnage, maybe this was a microwave disaster omen.)


*****************************************


With diaper, dog, and duties under control, I finally had a chance to freshen up for the day and in the shower I faced the harsh reality of my motherly body which I tried to blame on the fact that I'm sustaining another person right now with my nectar of life....I'm allowed a couple extra calories to keep things in stock....still much hair was shed while shampooing....and my towel smelled like corn chips....say what? Yes, corn chips....explain that ninjas!


*****************************************


I slipped on my token outfit that I seem to wear to every event outside of my home for the past two months, (these token outfits rotate a couple times a year, so that people understand that there is oh so much more to my closet).....I hightailed it to the school, we had a fabulous activity with very spirited students who met their reading goals....then back home I went after the kids slung their bags and jackets into the car for me to deliver to their homes "Dominos style" so they could walk home on the sunshiney day without burden.


**************************************


My day did not end there, oh no, but honestly, I don't think I can muster the energy to describe the dramatic events that followed....let's just pretend they included a circus elephant, a flame thrower, and a dancing monkey.


**************************************


I did manage to send off my package for the garden swap today.


I always have my priorities straight.


Is it okay that I post a picture...or is that against the rules?


Oh well,

I couldn't help myself!




Who could the lucky lady be?

I'll reveal that later....


Now go and put your feet up. Go on...get!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Sara! I feel a little intimidated leaving a comment on your blog, because you are so dang witty. Seriously, you should be a professional columnist or something. How great to find you and your blog!! I am going to enjoy getting to know you all over again. Your family looks adorable. And those Valentines you made--wow, you're like a supermom! Hope you are well.
--Andrea (Larson)

Froska said...

My days seem to be going similar lately. What's the deal yo, I think it's this stinking weather! I love how mellow you are throug hit all I'm sure I would have been crying by the second disaster.

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

could you be more eloquent, you should be a writer, in fact could you be my ghost writer and maybe we could split the profits 50/50 and both make bucks? i feel ya honey, i have had these days! a few years back i started some baked potatoes on fire in our oven, when i opened the oven flames shooted out and i got scared the kitchen started on fire and the i darted for the door with a 3 & 2 year old and saylor my preemie not even quiet due yet. outside i met the lovely fireman who insisted i must be the babysitter and there was no way i was old enough to be the mom and to stop pulling his leg cause it wasnt funny anymore and wasnt going to get me out of trouble ... where were the parents?

jyotsana said...

u write about urself but such ease ithougt i was reading something about myself.

Mary Denton Taylor said...

Oh Sara! I'm so sorry about your day, but man, did I get a great laugh!!!! Thanks so much, I needed one today!!!!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

youre so creative in more ways than one! you are a clever writer, and i am so glad our lives parralel each other

lawdy said...

Sara,
So glad you stumbled upon my blog, so that I could find yours. I've been laughing so hard reading it. You do have some fun don't you?!
Lawdy
(Les's sis)

Family Days said...

Your blog is so fantastic and entertaining! I love it!