Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy happy birthday Shelly dear,
happy days will come to you all year.
If I had one wish,
then it would be,
a happy happy birthday
to you from me!


Nana & Shelly

Today is Chris' sister Shelly's birthday. We love her so much and wish that she lived closer so we could share her special day with her. Shelly is amazingly talented and super sweet. She is one of those people that if you are lucky enough to meet, your life is touched for good. Shelly has a soft heart and kind spirit. I always come away feeling uplifted after spending time with her.
THE SMITH FAMILY
Nate...Shelly...Gabi...Olivia...Max
Shelly was an elementary school teacher before she started having kids and has the personality and creativeness to match that role. She deserves a mother of the year award- with the patience of Job, she is always coming up with fantastic ideas and taking opportunities to teach her children in fun and unconventional ways. Whether its raising butterflies, making flower bouquets out of child handprints, or taking a fieldtrip to the zoo, just try to catch her without her camera- she always knows how to capture every special moment and then scrapbook them into works of art that would put any artist to shame.
HALLOWEEN 2007
Nates job has brought the unique opportunity for their family to live in some exciting places including Brazil, Virginia, Germany, and Arkansas- where they are currently living. Some day we'll snatch and transplant them back in Utah, but until then, we look forward to their visits and love the times we have together. Shel, we love your goodness, your artistic touch, and your big heart!



The Girls.......... Jeanne, Sara, Leslie and Shelly

We LOVE you SHELLY!!


4 comments:

Holly said...

Sara,cute blog! Did you find a program you like?
Let me know -
Holly

Adrienne said...

What a great tribute to Shelly! I have to say that she won the award with all of us when she decided she could live with Nate for the rest of her life! :) I'm serious,though, she is amazing. She is one of those moms that you sort of just sit back and watch, marveling at their endless creativity and patience.
I never saw that cute pic of their Wizard of Oz costumes--how darling! She is great--and as far as in-laws go, she is definitely top notch!
But I'm glad you stumbled upon my blog--thanks for the comment!

Heidi said...

I love Shelly, too. She is a wonderful person! And you are right, it is a TOTALLY small world.

Did you find Celia on my blog too (Nate's other sister)?

Celia said...

I love that we've made this total full-circle with you, Shelly, Heidi, etc. Aren't blogs great?

Thanks for commenting on my blog -- it's so great to see who stops by.

And I have to say "Amen" to your wonderful comments about Shelly. She is incredible. Adrienne and I talk about her UNBELIEVABLE amount of patience and creativity all the time. I think that if I were blessed with that much patience, I probably wouldn't be taking more on myself by initiating art projects with my kids. And vice versa -- if I had all that creativity, I know I would be a total witch when it actually came to incorporating my children into my creativity. No one but Shelly could so effortlessly combine the two.

What a great tribute!