Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Ya'll !!

Today we are hunkered down at home beneath several feet of white fluffy snow because school was canceled in the Tooele District...which really bummed me out because I spent most of the evening making the childrens valentines, and I even stormed the weather late last night to go and purchase cupcakes for their classes (I would have made them saving several hundred dollars, but the school is afraid I'll lace them with rat poisin or something). The over-achiever in me can't just buy nice inexpensive easy valentines...oh no....she must labor, and sweat, bleed her own blood from artisan fingers for hours with maticulous attention to detail and craft the most perfect little morsels of love for her clueless offspring. Somtimes it's exhausting doing things that only you really appreciate. I know how it goes down...the kids pass out the valentines...the kids rip off the candy...the kids gobble down the candy...the kids get tummy aches...and the parents curse the mom who sent her child to school to hand out full size snicker bars.




This is what I made...





30 of these babies were skillfully folded for Addy's class. Do you know what they are? Remember in elementary school when you use to tell eachothers fortunes or have some smart-alec remark at the end of the folded wonders, well I brought back this trend in all its origami glory. The little 10 year olds better appreciate my cleverness.


30 of these mini airplane miracles were also born last night over tivoed American Idol. They consist of a smartie, piece of gum, two life-savers, and a rubber band. I ran out of gas at the end and just slipped a piece of paper over the top of the gum that isn't the cutest, but it gets the message across.


Hopefully school will resume tomorrow, stale cupcakes will be sent with the younglings, and valentines will be dispersed, I just hope they don't bring home too many conversation hearts- I don't have good feelings about those.

8 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
justin said...

yes!!! i made the list!! thanks. Thats so funny you were at cass barney's show. I was actually there with Melissa Peck. We were all there and didn't even know it. Yeah, Melissa's work is so cool. Well thanks for the support. Really, its very encouraging. I look forward to keeping in touch. and whats happening with your sis?

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Oh... I can not tell you how glad I am to have a kindred spirit in the crazy creative mommy thing! We just do it so when they get to pass out that little piece of superbness, they feel extra special and super loved by their fabulous mom! At least that is what we hope for... right? You are amazing! I'll have to tell you about the birthday treats we send home. It will make your tired fingers feel like they have some company! PS - I love the paper! Where did you find it? Addy had to be thrilled!

Laura said...

Sara,
Email me, whipple_l at hotmail.com
love ya!
Laura

Heidi said...

Oh. Well. Now I feel kind of bad for using store bought Valentine's and affixing leftover candy from Christmas. Seriously.

Maybe next year!

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

oh darling ... i used to be this way. i ran out of steam though, glad your still chuggin a long! what a doll you are. i cant get enough of your blog!

amber {daisy chain} said...

those fortunes you made are spectacular!! I will have to remember this for the next V-day, or they would make cute party favors, too.