Saturday, February 9, 2008

Romney ROOT Beer that is...
(the label says-)
"The bold, full flavor of Romney Root Beer is a result of a proprietary 60-year aging process that begins in Detroit and ends in Washington D.C. Seasoned in Massachusetts, with the finest educational and political laurels, it was cold-filtered in 2002 in the frosty mountain ranges of Utah. Romney Root Beer is unique and unprecedented, delivering a fresh, crisp alternative with a light, clean aftertast. It's ideally suited for all ages and political affiliations.
* * *
Ingredients:
Over 40 years of proven leadership, JD/MBVA from Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School, Cofounder of Bain Capital, CEO of the 2002 Olympic Winter Games, Governor of Massachusetts. 44th President of the United States of America." (in our dreams)
Am I the only one disheartened by his suspension in the race for our future leader? I was such a devoted supporter that I even bought a beverage named after him. What a big fat bummer- and this is the first time I've really been interested in an election.
Dear remaining electoral candidates,
You now all have the responsibility of picking up the broken pieces of my shattered heart. This can be done by accomplishing any of the following...
1- Contact the local LDS missionaries and "chat" over hot chocolate.
2- Cross your heart that you will not pull out of Iraq until the job is done, and those innocent people remaining are given a chance of living a free life.
3- Vow to start an intervention program that includes listening to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Doctor Laura Schlessinger.
4- Order and eat a steak medium rare, wear a cowboy hat, deliver a baby, attend a wedding for a man and woman, and then go home and work on your spreadsheet of how your going to improve the economy without raising taxes.
Dear voters,
Now look what you've done.
You've gone and scared away my prince charming; the man who was going to clean up the mess left in the white house, the man who was going to mend the wounds of down trodden patriots across the world. He had such a twinkle in his eye, such a head full of great ideas and amazing hair I might add. I hope you're happy. And by the way, when you elect the candidate that you think should win this popularity contest and Armageddon has begun, don't go knocking on my door because you haven't prepared and collected your years worth of food storage. You were warned.

9 comments:

katie and co. said...

Oh WE ARE COMPLETELY disheartened by the whole thing I can't even bear to blog anything about it. Bill and I are major fans. I LOVED this post! I so agree with everything you shared. The country is missing a major opportunity to get fixed. My heart is totally broken...My dad and I talked this morning and we are hoping that Mitt holds onto his delegates and then we are going to pray that McCain has a heart attack and then Mitt can show his stuff at the convention this fall. What do you think about that? I don't think it's a bad idea...

katie and co. said...

PS
I gotta get me some of that Romney ROOT beer! That is the coolest thing ever!

Froska said...

Ya it's a sad deal. Hey I love what you have done, so cute. You have to help me with mine! Oh and call me back we want to come down for the Sia concert.

Heidi said...

I noticed you are a Jeff Hein fan--you should check out my friend Justin Taylor's website (he and Jeff work together a lot). It's on my blog on the side link. Enjoy!

I wish I could commiserate with you, but I'm a Democrat!

Froska said...

Sariah Schof!? You are sheer unadulterated comedy. I would like to severely thank you for the plenty of obijah you deliver in daily doses. once again you have cracked me up dude.
p. to the s. we are going to be partying hard in like two weekends (when i say we i mean chris and myself). it seems to me that you and em have some serious SIA planned, which is fine with us because we planned on a little COD4! YEAH, that's right i said it COD4!
-much love, peace out-side, the Smith's (mainly Jessie)
p.s.s. i still don't know what the word obijah means. if you would like you can go to the online urban dictionary and make your own post for obijah which then you can define. if you do please check out "shredding the gnar" it's a little old school but it's good nonetheless. muchos gracias.

Family Days said...

Your blog is looking oh so cute! We are in Herriman now and really like it. Although we are on a 2 year plan to get back to Texas. Both of our families are down there so hopefully we will make it down there soon! Where are y'all at? It's so fun to check out your blog! Have you kept in contact with anyone from the old ward?

Sami Volcansek said...

I agree sista!!! All I can say is that if Hillary gets to the White House, I am officially moving to Canada! Well, then to Mexico when it gets cold. But really! Who do they think is good? McCain? NO WAY!!! He shouldn't even be considered a Republican! And if we are voting for Democrats, then I guess I want Obama...You should have heard everyone here when Romney pulled out. "oh we liked him, we hope he runs with McCain cause McCain is too far out there!" Ok, people, where were you when it counted?? You all had a chance to make your voice heard. And no one heard you!

Ok, that is the end of my soap box. Too bad your brother never wants to get worked up about all this with me. Oh well.

justin said...

Wow. how do you know Heidi? this is a crazy small world connection. I'm totally good friends with Jesse and Heidi was my first love and is one of my life-long best friends. Crazy. Its good to hear from you and thanks for the kind words. I think jesse tried to get me to ask your other sister out once and I cheesed on that pretty hard. seems like you have a rad family.

justin said...

and how do i make it on your artist list? if jeff's on there i have to be on there too. we're in the same gang