Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's time for a "Top Ten"

I am loving the ISI Mini Whip my sister in law gave us for Christmas...it is a little piece of heaven. I find myself wanting to make stuff just so I can use it. You mix fresh cream, sugar and vanilla, and then add the co2 cartridge to fluff it up and...PRESTO! You've got wonderful whipped cream that stays for up to two weeks in your fridge! Thanks Les! (found at Williams Sonoma)

If you've ever been to a rodeo, you know the heart palpitating adrenaline rush of watching the courageous (or crazy) manly men mount their bulls and ride till they can't ride no mo! One of my favorite things is to watch the cowboys in all their gear and glory standing on the "sidelines" waiting for their turn and supporting their bros- the patriotism of it all almost brings tears to my eyes.


I love feathers. I love birds too. When I was growing up my mom had a vase of peacock feathers in our living room and I had no idea how avante garde that was. Feathers are beautiful examples of how God uses nature as art. And just to let you know, feathers are hot for Fall fashion ya'll.


The hunk recently went on a motorcycle ride around the world...okay he only went to Arizona, California, and Nevada, but anyways.... he smells a perfume he really likes every now and then on lady folk and he never has the courage to ask what they're wearing. On his bike trip he smelled it again and I think because he was in the company of another man as back up he finally asked his waitress what it was. She said she was wearing Betsey Johnson perfume, so he went and snatched it up for me. I just love it! Men out there, don't be afraid to get that special one you love something yummy to wear...trust me, she'd much rather you be smelling perfume on her than on the waitress at Lacoocaracha Cantina.




When my sister Eliza went hopping around Europe she caught a little clip on her camera of the Whirling Dervishes in Turkey- we're talking about the real deal people. It is such a spiritual experience to watch them twirling to the music- I can't imagine how rad it would be to see it in person. How do they not get dizzy? How do they not fall over? How do they keep their focus when tons of people are watching them? The swirling skirts, the tilted head, the tall thimble like hat, the arms just so.....how cool are they!? (look them up on youtube)

(photo courtesy of Mr. Wright on flickr)


The book- Peace Like a River. It was such a wonderful read! I loved the characters, the story, and all of the description- there was a child like innocence about it. I don't read a lot of fiction but I highly recommend this one.

There is nothing better than standing around the piano and singing hymns. Especially when there are people to take all the different parts and harmonize. Nothing speaks to my soul more than a beautiful song. Some of my favorites are Abide with Me, Come Thou Font (to be sung at my funeral), For the Beauty of the Earth, If You Could Hie to Kolob, and Sweet Hour of Prayer.


Something about this Thom Browne outfit speaks to me...it's probably the same part of me that likes garden gnomes, Oilily, Nutella, umbrellas, and watching the old Willy Wonka movie.


Thom Browne Fall line 2008




Little boys in baseball caps.



And the token food item in my top ten this week would have to be my latest candy craving- sour patch kids...sweet, sour, shaped like little people, what's more to say?


wow, this is a really big picture

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I remember the peacock feathers. They kind of creeped me out. Sorry mom.

Yummy, those sour patch kids look delish!

Froska said...

Ya, what made the feathers so great was that they had matching couches. I wonder if someone still has those sitting in there house somewhere. I would love to look at them now. I have many fond memories of the days when we would put in the 8 tracks and dancing to Gino and Earth Wind and Fire on the slippery floor around the feathers and feather couches!

Audrey O'Brien said...

dido on the sour patch kids. i just cant wait for the next thing with you! always entertaining and uplifting. lve th epic of samantha minelli too!

Jairus Noble said...

Thank you once again for the inspiration. Oh and yeah the Thom Browne line is pretty fabulous. Oh wait remember last year how that guy put feathers in his hat when employed by Chanel.....hmmm does that ring a bell? Always ahead of the trends.....