Monday, January 21, 2008

OdE tO ADdY

2008, rebel skull necklace, snow bunny hat, golden curls
precocious, spirited, fun-loving, twinkle in my eye, apple of my eye...



first day of school 2007, excited, nervous, cute

This girl is a mini me. I never understood how special the relationship of a mother and daughter were until Addy has grown and become such a helpful young lady. And now, instead of just being a cute and sassy doll to dress in pink, she has become a friend, a fellow crafter and cook, and my right hand mama. I remember feeling frustrated being the oldest of eight kids and always having to help with the babies and be "a second mom". Now my daughter has taken on that responsibility, and I'm realizing how much a mother looks to her oldest to help out in the home.


capistrano beach 2007, beach bums, walking the shoreline, playing in the water, basking in the sun


swiss days 2007, sara very pregnant/overdue, yummy food, lots of walking, fun day

I started to feel bad for her when I realized that she might not ever have the chance of having sisterhood in her life living with three brothers. I grew up with a whole household of sisters- staying up late laughing, clawing fights, tears, secrets, love, everything women bound together in a family learn to share- how unfair for her not to experience that. I can't for sure say that we're done having kids, so there still may be chance of more hormones in the house, but I've realized Addy is so blessed to belong to an extended family full of crazy aunts, sweet cousins and many grandmothers who treasure her.


dance recital for Swan Studios 2007, graceful, tall, beauty


baptism day 2006, dressed in white, feeling of newness, peace

It is a trippy feeling watching her and thinking back to when I was in fourth grade and all the things that were swirling around in my head at that age- boys, school, boys, life, boys, friends, boys, what to wear, what to say, who to be, and more boys. What an exciting and dramatic time of life. I hope she never loses her sense of humor that I hold so dear, and that she doesn't grow up to resent the fact that I have her help me so much. I'd like to think that we chose roles like that before we even came to earth. I'm sure grateful for our little "fry sauce"!! I love you Addy!!

home 2007, sporting one of her many hats, hangin' out

7 comments:

Rachel said...

We love you too Addy. You've been such a wonderful cousin to Crew. It so fun when you get to hang out with the girls.

Dad said...

Addy, you were our very first grandbaby- just like your mom was to both sides of our family. A very special position- but you fill the shoes well. We are so proud of you, for all you do to help your mom just like she did for us. And by the way- you have my eyes.....I love you so much!

Mary Denton Taylor said...

Sara! I'm so glad you've decided to join the blogging world! You will be so good at it, I'm sure!!!! I hadn't seen the comment you made on Heather's photos so I'm glad you mentioned it again!!! I have a couple of comments to make...

First, I completely relate to what you are saying about having an oldest "second mother." And your Addy is so so adorable!!! Aren't we just lucky to have girls as our oldest? (of course, we would be lucky if they were boys, too - but you know what I mean)

Second, I just have to tell you how grand you are!!! I don't know many people who are as amazingly talented, unique, grounded, and as fun as you are. I know I am going to love checking out Chronicles of Schofiled often!!!!

Froska said...

Addy you are growing up too fast. I still remember when you were born. I can't believe how much you look like your mom in that dance picture. I love so much and am so proud of you. You are such a mature young lady and I am so glad Lilly has you to look up to. She loves you and loves being around you!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

We love you addy! We miss you and love what a pretty little lady your are growing up to be. You have the best mom and what a wonderful example she is to us all. Love you

katie and co. said...

WHAT a CUTIE! I love her already and I've never met her. I am so glad she is a mini you because we need more of you in the world. Love that post. I will have to do one like that for my daughters Ruby and Betsy sometime.

Carrie said...

Sara - How fun to reconnect with you after what . . . 10 years. I can't believe you have a fourth grader. I will keep reading, but this is my favorite entry so far. I just love that you have a daughter that is growing up and becoming such a great friend. I love my little girl, but she is only 22 months and potty training so I just can't relate to the friendship you have with Addy. I can't wait. Lots of Love, Carrie Owen Kirk (To be known as only Carrie in future posts.)