Tuesday, January 15, 2008


If you know me, then you know I'm somewhat of a "nice" "music snob". I don't like the word snob, so I added the nice to soften it up a bit. I looooooove my music, and I love discovering new music. I'm actually pretty open to all kinds except the sort that has secret messages if you play it backwards, or the kind where the lead singer loses his voice because he's been yelling too loud...or just drank battery acid. So I'll probably be posting a lot about whats playing in the Schofield house.

I encourage you to take a listen to any of the following sounds and see if it tickles your inner drum. You have to promise me that you'll listen all the way through, or at least 3/4's, sometimes it takes a while for these artists to get their point across.

THIS WEEK ON THE LOUDSPEAKER-
a dreary wintery wonderland of rhythm and rhyme...

Cornelius- Drop
Midlake- Young Bride
Bat for Lashes- Whats a Girl To Do
Beirut- Elephant Gun
Molish- The City
Nino Moschella- Are You For Real
Psapp- Hill of our Home or Cosy in the Rocket
Jose Gonzalez- Heartbeats
Gotan Project- Santa Maria
Vincent Delerm & Keren Ann- Veruca Salt & Franck BLack
Skull Snaps- It's A New Day
Massive Attack- Teardrop
Muse- Starlight
Imogen Heap- Just For Now
Fujiya & Miyagi- Collarbone
Climber- Always Right
The Cardigans- Erase/Rewind

2 comments:

Holly said...

I listened to it all! It added a few to my blog! You need to put a playlist on yours. You are so great, how do you even find this music... to be honest their was not an Artist on there I knew!

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

are you 4 real? is my question? could you be any more cultural and eccentric! not to creep you out but i just love you!